Walk-in to Body Balance Wellness Centre Near Burwood for complete wellbeing with our Therapeutic Massage Therapy.
Therapeutic Massage therapy is the manipulation of superficial and deeper layers of muscle and connective tissue to enhance function, aid in the healing process, and promote relaxation and well-being. At Body Balance Wellness Centre, we use specific techniques to stretch and lengthen connective tissues and muscles, bringing wellness, a sense of relaxation and mobility using the therapeutic massage therapy to our client near Burwood and surrounds. One of the primary goals of Therapeutic Massage is to speed venous blood return from the extremities (arms and legs). Therapeutic Massage shortens recovery time from muscular strain by flushing the tissue of lactic acid, uric acid, and other metabolic wastes. It improves circulation and stretches the ligaments and tendons, keeping them supple and functional.
Health benefits of Therapeutic Massage Therapy
Therapeutic Massage therapy stimulates the skin and nervous system. It reduces stress, both emotional and physical, and is suggested as a regular treatment for stress management. It also has specific clinical uses in a medical or remedial therapy program.
Therapeutic Massage is greatly beneficial and can reduce symptoms by relaxing the tension in the muscles, stimulating the flow of blood through the muscles, breaking down and eliminating toxins, enhancing oxygenation of the brain and relaxing the nervous system and mind.
Regular treatments may assist:
- Circulation of body fluids
- Increase blood flow which may relieve some arthritic and chronic pain
- Cleansing and detoxification
- Reduce oedema of extremities (arms & legs)
- Stimulate lymphatic flow to filter out congested toxins and waste products
- Breaking down or preventing adhesions and reduces fibrosis
- Relaxation which induces a feeling of physical, mental and emotional well being
- Promote good spirit / sense of well being